With pancake day in 2 days, combined with the fact I usually cook various types of pancakes at least twice a week I figured it’d only be right to share one of my favourite pancake recipes atm. 🤓
Now… as far as carbs go, if - like a normal person, you only eat one of these rolls (about 3 bite size pieces) for yourself then it’s an awesome low carb pancake alternative. However, if you’re like me and you’re planning on eating the entire batch then it’s more of an entire, moderately carby, meal. 🙈
Bare in mind though the only time I plough though a whole batch of these is straight after a heavy day at the gym, in which case I get my protein, fats & some carbs to feed the muscles, all in one shot. 💪💪
For pancake day though, these would make for an awesome plate of bitesize pancake rolls people can gather round & enjoy together! Plus it’s only 3 ingredients & it only takes 10 mins to make the same amount of pancake rolls shown in the pics 😎
There really isn’t much more to say. Go.. Make.. Enjoy! 😄🙌
Almond Butter Banana Pancake Rolls
Macros per roll (recipe makes 3 rolls): 12.2g protein, 6g carbs & 12g fat (total 181 kcal)
Prep time: 1 min; Cook time: 9 mins; Total time: 10 mins.
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 medium Banana
- Almond Butter 30g
- Put the eggs & banana into a blender and blend until you have a nice batter. (About 15 seconds on a NutriBullet)
- Put a frying pan on medium heat & spray with a little oil of your choice. (I use coconut oil)
- Pour in some of the batter.
- Let it cook until the edges of the pancake start to show lots of little air bubbles.
- At this point it’s usually safe to flip the pancake.
- Cook on the other side for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the pancake from the pan & lightly butter with Almond butter.
- Gently roll the pancake.
- Repeat for the remainder of the pancake mix.
- Once they’re all done, slice the pancake rolls into about 4 pieces (depending on the length of your pancakes).