One of my favourite things about living in Ubud, Bali for a couple of months this year was, of course, the food. If you care about eating organic, gluten free, processed sugar free, dairy free, vegan or any other form of “free from” then Ubud is literally your foodie paradise 😍 And one of my faaaavourite desserts I came across over there was a raw Beetroo Cacao Coconut pie! So of course when I had a craving for something a little bit sweet the other day I figured I’d try my hand at making one 🤓🤓
Now this isn’t anywhere near identical to the one I was devouring out there, in fact this is pretty different in texture and look anddd taste. However, this little experimental number came out tasting AMAZING and so of course I had to share…
Not only does it taste great but it’s completely raw, dairy free, egg free, gluten free, sugar free & even sweetener free! 😄 The only sweetness comes from the medium banana I threw in (mainly for texture), so you can grab yourself a decent sized slight with zero guilt - it’s all natural!
And of course like everything I cook, the ingredients list is short, in this case there’s zero cooking required & the results are immense!! So without further ado.. Enjoy! 😄🙌
Beetroot Cacao Coconut Pie
Macros per serving (makes 8): 2.4g protein, 5.7g carbs & 15.5g fat (total 177 kcal)
Prep time: 5 mins; Passive time: 40 mins; Total time: 45 mins.
- 2 tbsp metled coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 2 medium cooked beets (100g)
- 30g dessicated coconut
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 25g melted butter
- 20g dessicated coconut
- 35g ground almond
- Mix the butter & ground almond in a bowl until well combined.
- Line a cake tin with some baking paper & pour in the base mixture, smooth it out over the base of the tin.
- Pop the cake tin into the fridge for about 20 mins for the base to set.
- In the meantime - put the beets, coconut oil, banana, & vanilla essence in a blender & blend until smooth.
- Pour the mix into a mixing bowl, add in the cacao & dessicated coconut & mix until well combined.
- Take the cake tin out of the fridge & pour in the beetroot mixture.
- Evenly space the mixture across the base as best as you can & pop back into the fridge for about 20 mins or until set.
And you’re ready to eat.. Enjoy 😁